What is a polyurethane tooling board?
A polyurethane tooling board is a machinable block of material, designed for the production of patterns, prototypes, master models, fixtures, jigs and other tooling applications.
Boards can be bonded together to create larger blocks and CNC machined or hand styled to meet the requirements of the application.
FIND THE RIGHT PRODUCT FOR YOUR APPLICATION WITH OUR INTERACTIVE SELECTOR TOOL
Due to its versatility, durability and cost-efficiency, polyurethane tooling board material is favoured for a wide range of applications.
Why use a polyurethane tooling board?
Typically more cost-effective, polyurethane tooling boards are perfect for use in lower-temperature applications. They are stable and easy to mould, producing a great surface finish.
The material is lightweight and versatile, making it suitable for both hand styling and CNC machining. When machining, excess material flakes rather than produces dust.
- Easy to work with, producing high-accuracy results
- Superior dimensional stability
- Great surface finish
- Abrasion-resistant materials available
- Wide range of densities available from 80 kg/m3 to 1,700 kg/m3
- 80 kg/m3 to 450 kg/m3 low-density boards are designed for use in design, styling and prototyping projects
- 600 kg/m3 to 850 kg/m3 medium-density boards are designed for use in automotive modelling, vacuum forming, thermoforming, jigs and fixtures and foundry applications
- 1,100 kg/m3 to 1,785 kg/m3 high-density tooling boards are designed for use in specialist applications including, vacuum forming, thermoforming, hammer or metal forming, jigs and fixtures foundry patterns and core boxes and Reactive Injection Moulding (RIM).
We offer a full range of specially formulated, compatible ancillary products to meet your manufacturing needs. Find out more here.
These ancillary products include:
- Polyurethane adhesives
- Polyurethane sealers
- Polyurethane release agents
- Polyurethane repair pastes