What is an epoxy tooling board?
Epoxy tooling boards are used in all forms of carbon fibre production, including the manufacture of prepreg composite tooling, and other manufacturing applications like vacuum forming and thermoforming.
Tooling boards can be bonded together to create large blocks of material that are then machined using a CNC machine to produce high-accuracy composite patterns and moulds.
FIND THE RIGHT PRODUCT FOR YOUR APPLICATION WITH OUR INTERACTIVE SELECTOR TOOL
Why use an epoxy tooling board?
Epoxy tooling boards are the preferred material choice for high-temperature applications where dimensional stability is essential.
With a naturally low coefficient of thermal expansion, the epoxy material provides consistent performance, maintaining tolerances at elevated temperatures up to +190 OC and does not inhibit the cure of prepregs in the same way that polyurethane materials do. Epoxy tooling boards are extremely versatile and easy to work with.
- Superior dimensional stability
- Smooth surface finish
- Extremely low thermal expansion coefficient
- Durable and resilient
- Easy to work with, producing consistent and accurate results
- Available in a range of board thicknesses up to 200 mm
- High temperature use up to +190 OC
- Inert material that is chemically compatible
- Patterns for all forms of carbon fibre mould production
- Short run direct mould applications for carbon fibre prepreg
- Direct-to-part manufacturing
- Vacuum forming and thermoforming
- Jigs and fixtures with increased temperature requirements
- Master models
We offer a full range of specially formulated, compatible ancillary products to meet your manufacturing needs. Find out more here.
These ancillary products include:
- Epoxy adhesives
- Epoxy sealers
- Epoxy release agents
- Epoxy repair pastes