As part of our ongoing growth plan, we seek to broaden our Special Projects manufacturing team by appointing a hardworking and enthusiastic CNC Production Operative.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude to contribute to the business's success.
Day-to-day operation of the CNC milling process.
Your main duties will include:
- Operating automated and manual plant and machinery, including CNC machinery, to produce and finish syntactic materials
- Adhere to Production Schedules and Standard Operating Procedures in order to produce products in line with quality specifications and on time
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations at all times, taking responsibility for the safety of self and others, reporting concerns or hazards immediately
- Ensure continuous monitoring/review of operations and products to ensure quality assurance
- Carry out quality assurance checks and report any imperfections
- Carry out housekeeping and basic maintenance duties
- Use lift trucks to move raw materials and finished goods around the facility as necessary
- Use basic computer systems to track stock levels and product lifecycle data
- Report any incidents of non-conformance to Line Manager
- Maintain records in line with audit requirements and established procedures
This role requires someone with:
- 2+ years’ experience working within a CNC Operator role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in carrying out quality inspections
- Basic literacy & numeracy (GCSE Grade C or above desirable)
- Forklift truck experience (Valid Flexi FLT licence advantageous but not essential)
- A willingness to learn and be part of a small but friendly, dedicated and hardworking team
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- A positive and professional attitude
- A strong work ethic and sense of accountability
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- An eye for detail, and a focus on quality control
This is 37 hours per week Monday to Friday, with paid overtime.
In return, we offer a salary of up to £29,000 per annum (depending on experience), 33 days holiday, a bonus, a contributory pension scheme, plus other insurances and benefits.